Thursday 7 July 2011

Harry Potter 7 Part 2 (Preview)

Me buying HP7 in 2007
So it is official!  Less than a week before Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is released and it feels unreal!  I can still remember the first time I saw the first Harry Potter film with my Aunt, and how convinced I was throughout the film of Snape's guilt!  Feels like last week when I was standing in the cold, 11pm with a bunch of my friends to buy The Deathly Hallows book and not going to bed after reading at least the first chapter.
It truly has been a good companion for the past decade of my life, something that I'm sure a lot of other people have experienced as well.  And now the final film is finally here, and I have my pick to go see it in every format available, unfortunately The IMAX South Africa closed last year, I would have loved to see the final showdown there, I saw Harry Potter 3 at the IMAX and it was breathtaking. But no worries, the Imax screen is 10 times bigger than a normal cinema, so I'll simply have to go see it 10 times in the cinema. 3D and normal 2D.


So a couple of weeks ago I was editing the one show, Frenzy on e.tv, and they regularly have a movie review, and I was so glad they did one on Harry Potter (how could they not!) and I was fortunate enough to edit that episode (Argh! Who am I kidding, I looked through the scripts of the shows available and when I saw the one had a Harry Potter review I pounced on it like a Gryffindor Lion!)


So I inter-cut the trailer with the review and it was amazing, but I was disappointed that the editing was finished and I had to do the rest of the episode's content! The next day a new and final trailer was released, so I had another chance to edit it some more.  Luckily the content producer of Frenzy was very keen to put in the latest footage.


Needless to say it was better than the previous, amazing insert (we need to get a word that describe something better than amazing - I know - Dobby! It was completely Dobby!!!)
My favourite character of all time!
So when it was time for the content producer to view the episode, I went and got myself a small popcorn and enjoyed the Harry Potter the same way you would devote to a film - with popcorn.  And let me tell you, it was really Dobby!
So my recommendation for all you fans: get yourself a small popcorn, download the HD version of both trailers (here and here) from HPANA, pop them in and enjoy.  For the  Hardwood-Phoenix-feather-core fans like me, make it a large popcorn and watch the trailers on loop! Ah, Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment