Monday 9 July 2012

Everyone loves free shit!

That really is the truth.  Getting something free can really lift your spirit on any shit day and make a good day even better!  I've always found it quite weird when people get all excited about stuff which I think is really quite stupid.  So stupid I can't even think of an example at the moment, because let's face it, I don't give a crap!  But, I have been thinking about it on occasion... (and it's not that I didn't know it, I just chose to not spend energy in trying to understand it) ...but I can understand why people react to things they like and suddenly turn into a child again, because every now and then I'll stumble upon something that makes me feel and want and act like a child again.  


One of those thinks is getting free stuff.  Blame it on my dry student life which I'm trying to shake of bit by bit (if only I didn't have that stupid study loan I would be able to shake it off quicker, but I'll get there), but free stuff makes you happy.  But there is something better that that though.  That is getting stuff you actually WANT for free.  


Luckily I discovered this one blogger who regularly gives away loads of awesome stuff - blog.spoongraphics.co.uk.  One of the posts that had me jumping in my seat, like that little closeted gay short guy, was this post with a couple of vector ornaments and flourishes.  And for that split second I understood and accepted every person who has ever annoyed me while going on and on about something they like which I simply could understand, because in that moment when I saw those free elements I was really excited and wanted to share my excitement with everyone.  Maybe next time I'll give a damn when someone wants to share their excitement and joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment