Thursday 8 March 2012

Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)



I’m surprised that I haven’t written about this film earlier.  I watched it last year while it was on circuit.  Well, all good things come to those who wait.  This is a phenomenal film.  Such a lovely story.  I am an enormous Emma Stone fan.  I absolutely adore her and every time I see her in a film I like her more and more. I think the reason I like her so much is because she reminds me a little bit of my one friend, Louren Bezuidenhout.  Such a vibrant personality, flaming red hair, always positive and heading somewhere.  The type of person who has so much fire they ignite everyone else’s passion around them just because they are do everything with such vigorous passion.  But ja.  I also like how Emma has a way of being super hot without even trying.  She is just who she is and does it in her goofy way and we all love her for that. 



Now I have never been such a huge Ryan Gosling fan, even after the whole The Notebook thing.  Boy has he worked on his body! It looks phenomenal!  Would work my ass off to look like that, so I’ll get there one day.  But his acting was also great, not that the role was exceptionally difficult, but it was a good role.  Steve Carell on the other hand had such a fantastic character and he played it perfectly.  Since Dan in Real Life I’ve had so much respect for him as an actor.  He can do funny, he can do heart breaking. He can do anything.  You have to see him in this role.  I really felt his pain and his joy and his struggle. 

Again, as I said in my previous post, I love Julian Moore, so the fact that she was in this film just made me want to watch it even more!  And it was a great joy to see her character go through this whole process.  Now Kevin Bacon, well… He was fit perfect for this role – a douche.  For some reason he likes being typecast as the asshole that no one likes and I also have to admit that the years have not been kind to his skin, but in the end he plays the role he is supposed to play very good.  I just wish he would try some new avenues and new types of roles to challenge himself.  I think he is a good actor and can do so much more than what he is doing right now.



So if you haven’t seen this film, go buy it or rent it as soon as possible.  If you don’t want to see it, change your mind.  It really is a great film, it has a good combination of comedy, romance, drama and heartbreak.  It is a real gem.  And it’ll give you a good excuse to make a huge bucket of popcorn and just stay in.


No comments:

Post a Comment